Founded in 2017 Indy Pilates Plus, LLC, is a quiet, intimate studio that serves clients of all ages and abilities and helps each client discover his/her hidden movement potential. The studio is fully equipped with Gratz and Pilates Designs apparatus. Each client has the opportunity to practice on all pieces of equipment.
To offer the highest quality Pilates instruction in a safe, welcoming and professional environment to all who desire to learn and practice the Pilates method.
Meet Susan Holewinski
Studio Owner and Pilates Instructor
Susan has been a mover all her life. She competed in track and cross country, ran the Boston Marathon and taught step aerobics and spinning for many years. In 2002 a running injury led Susan to Pilates and a new career. Inspired by the healing aspects of holistic movement, Susan earned her first mat certification within a year and continues to study with leading teachers in the Pilates community – Pilates elder Mary Bowen, Kathi Ross-Nash, Wendy LeBlanc-Arbuckle, Elaine Ewing and more.
Outside of Pilates she continues her education in movement and anatomy with Eric Franklin, founder of the Franklin Method, Gil Hedley of Integral Anatomy and Tom Myers of Anatomy Trains. Susan’s passion is leading students to discover and achieve their potential in all areas of their lives. As Joe Pilates said, “Contrology (Pilates) is the complete coordination of body, mind and spirit”.
Certifications and Credentials
- Physicalmind Institute – Certified Comprehensive Pilates Teacher – 2005
- NCPT – Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher – 2007
- PHI Pilates – Certified Pilates Teacher Trainer -2009;
- Pilates Center of Boulder Advanced Teacher Training – 2019
- Passing the Torch Mentorship with Wendy LeBlanc-Arbuckle – 2022
- Professional Pilates Advanced Teacher Training with Kathi Ross-Nash – 2022
- Susan wrote questions and participated in reviewing the National Pilates Certification Program.
- She is a model in the book Pilates for Everyone: 50 Exercises for Every Type of Body by Micki Havard.
- 500 Yoga Teacher Training with Rolf Gates – 2014
- The Franklin Method with Eric Franklin – Certified Educator of all levels – 2015
- Integral Anatomy with Gil Hedley – 2016
- B.S. in biology – Alma College – Alma, Michigan
- A.A. in chemistry – Cottey College – Nevada, Missouri
“If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old;
If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young.”